Getting into shape can be tough for everyone. Some people get bored easily and quickly and abandon the process, while others get stuck on exercise plateaus that do not allow them to get into better shape. If this is something that you are concerned about, you should consider group training options. Group training is perfect for people who want to be motivated and engaged as they work out. If this is something you are considering, you should take the time to learn as much about it as possible. Below, we have the most important dos and do nots of group training so that you can have the most successful experience.
- Do: Show up on time. The last thing you want is to have a lot of people waiting for you to begin the class. Many times, the instructor will not wait, which means that you will not get the full benefit of the class. The best thing you can do for yourself is show up on time, or even early.
- Do Not: Text or talk on the phone during class. If you absolutely have to take a call, go outside of the room so that you do not disturb other people. For some people, exercising is the way they unwind, so you do not want to interrupt this time for them.
- Do: Dress correctly. Group training means sharing space with a lot of people. You do not have to have the latest exercise fashions, but wear things that are appropriate and that do not disturb or distract other people. If you are doing yoga, for example, you do not want to be wearing anything that jingles or makes noise, since people will want to be concentrating.
- Do Not: Miss cool down: Many people pack up and leave before the cool down portion of the class. This disturbs other people and it also can cause injuries. You need to give your body time to cool down before going about your regular activities, so keep this in mind if you want to have a good experience.
- Do: Speak with the instructor about any injuries you might have. You want to ensure that they will keep this in mind in the workouts that they prepare, so be sure to do this from the very first day. This can save a lot of trouble in the future.
- Do Not: Try your own moves. Unless you have asked the instructor and they have agreed, do not try to modify the moves. You have to trust that the instructor knows what he or she is doing.
All of these things can help you figure out if group training is right for you. At a gym like Fitness 4 Less, you can expect great group training classes done by experts in the field. Take the time to learn about the classes they provide to be sure that you find exactly what you need to get in shape. Start feeling better and looking better with great group training sessions.