As a child you learn very early on about the five sense: touch, taste, smell, sound and sight. Each sense does its part to help you go about your life, learn, find your likes and dislikes and generally grow up. All five of the senses are part of the human experience and it is important to do your best to take care of them. As people age, some of their senses start to deteriorate. Most people probably have an older family member who has become hard of hearing or whose vision has begun to change. It is not just age that does this however. In today’s society, people are constantly staring at screens. Their computers, televisions, iPads, phones and more are harming eyes and causing more and more people to need glasses. Glasses are not the only option, though. Here are a few reasons why you should consider getting lasik eye surgery.
- You do not like the way you look in glasses- The reality is, some people just do not like how they look in glasses. They find them to be distracting, uncomfortable and overall unflattering to their style or face shape. If this sounds like you, consider getting lasik surgery because then you will not need to wear glasses at all.
- You tend to lose glasses often- If you are already a glasses-wearer thinking about getting lasik surgery, you are a good candidate if you are constantly misplacing and losing your glasses. After a while, it can get extremely expensive to replace glasses over and over again, so the investment in lasik surgery would likely be more cost effective in the long run.
- No more paying for contacts- Similar to replacing glasses, contacts can be expensive! Especially if you wear the kind that need to be replaced often, like daily contacts. If you are sick of paying for contacts, having them shipped to your house or having boxes and boxes of contacts taking up precious storage space in your bathroom or medicine cabinet, consider lasik surgery.
- You can buy sunglasses without a prescription- Have you ever been out shopping and seen a great pair of sunglasses, only to discover that they aren’t prescription and thus won’t work for you? This can be frustrating and keep you from being spontaneous. With cornea surgery, you can now wear any sunglasses of your choosing regardless of prescription!
- Healing time is short- As the years have gone on and technology has improved, the healing time for lasik surgery has gotten shorter and shorter. In fact, many people are surprised by how quickly they can get back into their normal routine, sans vision correction. If you are someone who is a little nervous about any kind of surgery, you should know that the procedure is painless and the heal time is quick.
Lasik surgery is a wonderful option for those who want to live a life without glasses, contacts and vision correction. Lasik can provide a lot of freedom to someone, which is why it has continued to grow in popularity over the years.